March 04, 2007

Winter of Discontent

A Sense of Danger:
Winter arrived menacingly over my home...a nimbus blitzkrieg overtaking sunny days and night outs...

...and so start the winter games!

A Sense of Speed:

Relegated to indoor sports, I entered LeMan's Indoor Kart Racing in Fremont. Two track configurations: summer and winter. Tight turns. Nine hundred eighty four feet lap after lap. Thirty-five-mph straightaways. Accurate timing by transponder. Stats sheet at the end.

Here is the summer circuit that I conquered...19.135 seconds at the best lap:

...and the winter circuit that I need improvement:

A Sense of Ice:

Here I go with broom hockey, introducing myself to hard, painful ice:


Morale Booster at Work

The return-on-investment for a foosball table at $1,000 would equal years of unplanned employee morale boost and mid-afternoon picker-upper.

And at work, we abuse this unsupervised "team-building" event, at least one hour a day.

No comments: