January 28, 2007

T-Mobile MyFaves Top 5 People and One Who Hates It

T-Mobile rolled ouy MyFaves, a plan that gives you unlimited calls to your 5 favorite people you chose. Check out the commercials, including Dwayne Wade and Charles Barkley. People from other networks are allowed. Your top five will appreciate it.
I know one person who doesn't. While at the T-Mobile store in ValleyFair, Santa Clara last week, I selected a "Ken" profile out of the Five Faves shown on one RAZR in-store display. Not expecting that the store would leave the display phones active, I was surprised someone picked up and demanded who's been calling. I didn't want to stick around for trouble so I hung up.
This week, I thought: 'Poor guy. He must be getting a lot of calls from shoppers.' So I went back, called "Ken" again, and there he answered, indeed named "Kenneth," and irate as one would be. I learned he wasn't affiliated with T-Mobile, was a T-Mobile customer but switched to Cingular, gets phone calls from strangers, and was glad to learn its coming from a cell phone in the store display. Asked for a manager, but I advised him to come visit instead, look for the gray Dragon RAZR, and find out who's Fave Five he is with.
Seems like one of his friends pranked him. So much for one's favorite five.
Now...who would I call for free next time I go to the store?

No comments: